Monday 14 August 2017

Monday's Best Bets: Stoute's filly can be Flourishing

Embed from Getty Images
Tippin' Jimmy gives us his trio of fancies across Monday's card. I've heard a good thing about all three today.

4:45 Ayr - Weekend Offender (11/4)
I have been waiting what feels like an age for this horse to get his head in front and I do feel this has to be his day. He likes Ayr, and was second here last time out. I know connections rate him highly, they told me, and a mark of 92 may still be winnable for him. Please let this be the day.

5:20 Wolverhampton - Indicia (9/4)
Firstly there is a good favourite here, who could easily win this, but I know that Charlie Hills likes his horse Indicia and she could be up to the challenge this afternoon. She was a promising second on debut, before being sent off a favourite at Ascot last time out. She wasn't beaten that far when fourth, and sets a decent standard. Ryan Moore's mount is a big worry for me.

7:50 Wolverhampton - Flourishing (11/4)
Sir Michael Stoute's improving three-year-old ran well on her handicap debut, and unchanged following that run she can get her second career success. She was an encouraging third at Chester, but connections probably expect more from her. I think she can live up to her promise on the all-weather this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment