Saturday 1 July 2017

Saturday's Best Bets: I can't stop looking at this Model

After two successful NAP wins, Tippin’ Jimmy returns with his best bets on Saturday’s racing in the UK and Ireland.

2:00 Curragh – Battle Of Jericho (11/4) , US Navy Flag (9/1)
Aidan O’Brien has two very nicely bred colts here, both with big chances. Battle Of Jericho finished third on debut and should progress into a very nice colt in the future, he will break his maiden soon and that day could be today. US Navy Flag is another I am waiting on, he will be winning soon, and is capable of picking up some each-way money.

3:00 Newcastle – London Prize (5/2)
I actually previewed this race for the newspaper, and I can’t deny I was absolutely blown away by London Prize. I do believe this horse is very classy, and I do think he would’ve done well in the Northumberland Plate. His mark is well-below how good he is, and I expect him to win.

4:15 York – White Rosa (11/4)
In a tight maiden contest I’m expecting a big run from White Rosa for Hugo Palmer. The three-year-old is bred very well, and finished second on debut at Thirsk in what looked a very promising effort. She should take a significant step forward, and could break her maiden.

4:40 Curragh – Murillo (2/1)
I have picked quite a few of Aidan O’Brien’s but I do think Murillo is one that will run very well. After winning a maiden well he finished a close third in a very strong Coventry, that form is massively strong and I do think he can run a huge race here.

Andre Fabre's Waldgeist (red) can make amends after a narrow defeat in the French Derby.

5:20 Curragh – Waldgeist (3/1)
In what looks a very good Irish Derby I’m expecting the French raider Waldgeist to relish the step up in trip and run a big race. He was last seen going very close to French Derby success, only to be touched off on the line. The conditions should suit, and I think he’ll run well.  

6:25 Doncaster – Model (7/2) NAP
I’ve heard some very good vibes about Model. She makes her debut this evening, and has to be fancied to run a good race. Although lacking experience she’s from a good family, with good breeding running through the family. It’s not easy to win first time out, but she has the class to do so.

7:10 Lingfield – Special Purchase (9/4)
Another newcomer who I believe can win on debut is Special Purchase. He didn’t cost that much, but he’s from a very good family with the dam placing in a graded contest in America and he’s out of Scat Daddy. William Haggas has a good record here, and he may well extend that today.

7:25 Doncaster – Loving (3/1)
A nice filly for William Haggas is Loving who makes her first start of the season. She made a promising debut, before winning at maiden level in good style. She last seen in a listed contest only finishing ninth, which was on unfavourable fast ground. It’s not an easy ask to win first time out, but she should run well.

No comments:

Post a Comment